Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh, Monday. I hate you.

The weekend was not a horrible one in the least.  I got a lot of Christmas shopping done and the kids and I had a great time.  We celebrated Thanksgiving with my mother and father-in-law since they will be gone for the holiday.  Unfortunately, Monday came around and brought me not to the realization that it was the start of the work week, but that it was the start of the flippin' holidays. 

I am cooking the turkey for my side of the family this year and it is my first time.  A turkey-cooking virgin, am I.  Looking forward to it, but also hoping that I don't kill anyone.  My house doesn't have to be clean, since I am not hosting.  How awesome!  Chances are, my sister will call me Wednesday night after the kiddos are in bed and ask for help cleaning the house since Mom will be a lump and of no use (because of knee surgery! Bah!)

Weird thing happened last week.  I had a dream about fixing one of the machines at work, the GC.  I have to rewrite all of the methods because my stupid analytical manager pulled a piece of equipment off of the GC, but forgot to update the  machine so that it would reflect that change.  Yeah, so after six months of being at work and having absolutely no prior knowledge on how to create a method, I fixed the damn thing.  Because I had a dream.  Imagine that. 

My son is getting a Dodge Charger police car for Christmas.  My daughter is getting a regifted blow up dog tent because she isn't even one and she will never know.  We won't videotape the part when we give it to her.  No evidence of our cheapness.

No comments:

Post a Comment