Saturday, November 27, 2010

No More Kids, Thanks

My (ex) babysitter is adopting a child from South Korea.  Her and her husband are nearly unable to get pregnant.  They have one son that they had naturally, but it has been a no-go since then.  She is adament about people having more children if they are able, but does this almost to a fault.  In a recent post on her Facebook page (yes, I stalked my ex-babysitter.  Why shouldn't I? I liked to read her posts while she should have been watching my kids.  Bitch.) she told one of her friends that she 'thought this crazy lady probably had a litter of children, while all of the nice people in the world couldn't have any'.  Um, seriously? 

I am a fertile piece of baby-making soil.  My husband looks at my uterus and I'm pregnant.  But I don't want any more kids.  None.  Sure, I think about it, but come on!  Eventually, I want to send my kids off to college and go to Ireland or Italy or do some type of exercise program that does not involve them in any way, shape, or form.  Independence is something that I crave! 

This is the point where I tell you that I love my kids and wouldn't change anything about them being in the world.  True.  I wasn't necessarily trying to have my oldest when we brought him into this world (obviously we were having sex and I was taking my birth control pill religiously, but God wanted to punish bless me with him), so it was unexpected and life-altering and felt like I had no choice.  But I wouldn't take it back!  I couldn't!  Reading to that little boy every night and feeling him wrap his skinny little arms around my neck in 'a BIG hug' is the cherry on top of my life ice cream. 

It's just that....sometimes....that ice cream is crap with poop chips.  And vomit whipped cream. 

I understand that I don't feel the pain of not being able to have children.  If I was without that ability, I doubt I would be that heartbroken because of my personality.  I prefer to stay at work late (I don't because I am willingly obligated to my family).  Kids are messy and disorganized; I am not.  I'm more emotional  and pissy than my two-year old.  That in itself should be enough.

However, having the ability to produce children, but not wanting to does not make me the opposite of all the 'nice people' in the world.  Fuck you, bitchy babysitter that wants my ten-month old to 'entertain herself' while you update your stupid Facebook status.  You're not the nicest person in the world, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment