Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Breastfeeding Kinda Sucks (this time, anyway)

My daughter refuses to nurse.  Except at night (like 3 a.m.) when she has no choice.  On the weekends, she will bite my nipple and continuing biting while she pulls her mouth off.  She is evil. 

Breastfeeding is evil.

So, why not just quit?  Because I was raised not to.  The entire eight years that I was in swimming, I threatened to quit every single year.  Marching band?  Softball?  Yeah, that's right.  I wanted to quit.  I wanted to quit college, too, when I found out I was pregnant.  Thank God that didn't happen or we'd be sitting out on our asses begging for food.  You're not supposed to quit when your situation gets hard, because in the end (unless you're being abused, then get out now and go see Aunt Becky) it will be worth it.  I breastfed my son for the entire first year.  I had a great pump (thank you, Medela!) and a strong will. 

It seems that my daughter has an even stronger will than I.

What is it about the breast that she hates?  Probably because it's too hard to get the milk out.  Well, honey, let me tell ya, I didn't quit and neither are you.  So, take that, little stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment