Thursday, October 7, 2010

Starting Out

First post!  Whoop!  My name is Megan, but my mom calls me Fred because there are so many kids.  My kids call me Mommy, which makes me melt and give them whatever they want.  Apparently, I'm a sucker.  I work as an analytical chemist and I love, love, love! my work!  The two biggest problems that I have, though, are one, I have to get up way too early and two, I'm  breastfeeding and have to pump... a lot...because my daughter is a milk fiend.  I bought rechargeable batteries and definitely gotten my money out of those.  Anyone else feel me?  My hubby works with people that don't pay their loans and if he starts pulling his southern charm on you...watch out!  He did it last night to me and I gave him ice cream.  Pitiful.  Again, I am a sucker :0)  My son is Xander and he is a nutty 2-year old.  Just a nut!  Lilly is 9 months old and is the sweetest little baby, except when she's sick and then she is not even close to being sweet.  Blech. 

So...work...I deal with lots of awesome instruments like a Gas Chromatograph (GC), Inductively Coupled Plasma(ICP), FTIR, and the mostest awesomest SEM which means Scanning electron microscope and takes detailed pictures things.  Think that nail is perfectly smooth?  Think again! That piece of equipment is awesome. 

FEI SEM Pix
I pump at work two to three times in a 9-hour day and have to schedule it around when the janitor doesn't come in (he's a weirdo).  My Medela pump takes eight batteries when it's on battery power, so to save some money, I bought rechargeable batteries.  Life (and wallet) saver!  Just don't check in my lunch box in the refrigerator...it's full of milk.  I work with a bunch of guys so they don't really understand what I'm doing.  Which is kind of nice!  "What's that weird whirring sound in the bathroom?" No one knows! Ha!

Any questions on breastfeeding?  I got some nice hookups to some awesome lactation consultants! 

No comments:

Post a Comment