Thursday, January 6, 2011

Buy my blankets so I can take a nice vacation!

I've had this idea in the back of my head for a few months.  It started like a little kernel and then my brain was a microwave and popped it up to the front lobes last week. 

"Megan! Look at me!  Embrace me, love me, eat me!"

And now I am. 

After much planning about prices, items, shipping and materials, I have decided to open my own little internet shop.  On etsy.com

My shop will be called SewChem. (I'm a chemist, people. I am not that creative verbally. Let's talk about some fatty acids and hydrocarbons and then I'll get wordy.)

My items?  Minky satin blankets, diaper pouches, knitted slippers, and unique purses.  The purses will range from cute diaper bag removable ones to cute and spunky pleated ones.  I will also try to make placemat purses and totes, but I will see how those go.  Who knows?

So...why in the world would I want to do this? Why, when I have a full-time job, laundry, a stupid house, two cute little kids, and a mildly lazy husband? 

Because I love it.  I absolutely love doing this.  I have never been happier when I am making these items.  Seam ripping crappy stitches? Love it.  Cutting fabric and measuring? Love it.  Witnessing an idea in my head come to life? LOVE IT!  My husband definitely  loves this because one, we're making some extra money, and two, I'm happier.  Happy wife = happy husband!  Win, win, win!

As soon as I finish the pieces, set up the shop, and get going, it will be awesome!

Aaagh! I want to take a week vacation to sew everything. Pictures. Remind me about pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment